Friday, October 14

Surgical Strike of Purging Unused Items!

[AKA - hauling stuff off to Goodwill]
[AKA - posting it on Craig's List]

I've come to the conclusion I either need more bins or less stuff. And after watching the 
"Hoarders; Buried Alive" marathon last weekend, I am opting for less stuff.

I watch those shows like some people watch slasher movies. Hands over my eyes moaning 
"NO, NO, NO... Don't look in the shed!"

Not that my stuff comes anywhere close to what's on the show. Plus my house isn't overrun 
by hundreds of mice/bugs/cats/etc. So why does it bother me?

Because it drives me crazy to know I have something I need and not be able to put 
my hands on it. Or decide to work on a project and the space is totally unusable.

Last year I completely tore up my basement due to plumbing problems. One thing leads 
to another and now what was once an organized, useful, fun to be in art studio morphed 
into several dozen bins of every shape and size taking up residence in half of my garage 
and a grouping of work tables and files jammed along one wall.

Argghhhh! 

Now when I watch "Hoaders" that little slip of fear creeps in that whispers, 
"Is this how they started?" 

So any bets on what I'm doing this fall? 
Yep, you guessed it.