Wednesday, December 22

Cookie Day

There is one gift I get to open every single year. Think about that. EVERY year. How often does that happen? And to make it even better, this has been going on since I was 10.

Now granted, the box is getting a little worn. The ribbon has been switched out and the scotch tape has lost it's sticky and fallen off. But what's inside it has remained the same.
And every time I open it I see my mom.

My mom, a whirlwind of practicality. Need to make cookies for Christmas? No problem. Need to decorate 150 of those buttery delights? Call in the troops and name it Cookie Day. Now how clever is that? Mom clever! (inside scoop: mom clever is when you combine practical with magical and in doing so have everyone begging to help you)

So last Sunday was my "mom clever" day. And my troops turned out almost 400 cookies of all types that we shared with family and friends.

The beauty of it is next year we get to do it all again. Thanks mom, for showing me a way to keep family close at a very busy time of year.